I, my wonderful friends, have been rather slack of late, but I am working hard behind the scenes to bring some awesome things to this space.
In the mean time ::
I have been awarded a Leibster Award!!
Liebster means ‘dearest’ in German and it’s an award given to bloggers by other bloggers.
My love goes to Kirstie over at Project Joy for nominating me. I am feeling all warm and fuzzy from the nice things she said about my blog. Go check hers out…its beautiful!
Its now my job to answer the 10 questions Kirstie has asked me and then I nominate other bloggers and give them 10 questions to answer.
The Liebster rules for sharing the love:
- Link back and recognise the blogger who nominated me.
- Answer 10 questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate some inspirational bloggers for the award.
- Create 10 questions for nominees to answer.
- Notify my nominees.
Here are my answers to the questions Kirstie asked me ::
1. Why did you start blogging?
The Beauty of Grey is my second blog, my first was more of a documentary style about being a stay at home mum on a pretty tight budget.
This one is about my message. It is about my truth. It is about getting that message out to the world and finding people who get it. I really believe we are all given a reason to be here, we have a passion, which in the right circumstances, turns into our truth and then our passion.
This year has been a huge one for me, as we all know and I decided that it was time to stop playing small to keep other people happy and speak my truth loud and clear!
2. What do your family/friends think about your blog?
They don’t say much actually, I know most of them read it, but there hasn’t been many comments made. I have some friends who absolutely adore it and some who probably think I am mad, but that’s okay. Everyone has a different message and different truth. We can still be friends!
3. What’s the best book you’ve read recently?
Fiction – I am reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldan. It is awesome!
Non-fiction – Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsch has changed my life. I am now reading Women who Run with the Wolves and that is also excellent.
4. When was the last time you had a good belly laugh, and what caused it?
Last week I went down to Lockhart to help my girlfriend after she had some surgery, and although she ‘couldn’t’ laugh – we still did. Gosh she makes me laugh.
5. What would you say is your best quality?
My compassion and kindness. But I used to seriously see them as a weakness. I thought it was a bad thing to see the good in every situation, and every person.
My absolute wish for this world is that people could look past their own insecurities, demons and fears to see the amazing gift we have in diversity. Diversity of culture, of personalities, of beliefs, of decisions. Australia is a great example of this, we have so many cultures to take the good from and learn from.
6. What’s a pet peeve of yours?
Intolerance is a huge peeve of mine. It just needs to stop. Walk in their shoes. Try and understand it from their point of view. They may not be right. You may not be right. But just open your mind to a different way, it will change your life.
My kids being loud at the dinner table is another (I know – petty). Bath time, making lunches are also pet peeves, but well we do them anyway!
7. What was your favourite class to take in High School?
Oh I loved high school! I am such a nerd. I honestly didn’t hate any of the subjects I did. My favourites would have to be English, Chemistry, History, Art and Physics.
8. If there was to be a movie made about your life, who would play you and why?
Awesome question! Okay – well – hmmm not sure! Okay, I would go with Emma Watson. Just because I absolutely love her and that clearly means she was meant to play me.
9. What is your favourite word in the world and why?
Because it is uniting. There is no person in this world that it doesn’t include. Every other label excludes someone in the world. And at the end of the day we are all the same. We all want love, security, safety.
10. What do you want to be when you “grow up”?
I still don’t know, I vary between working for UNICEF helping obtain basic human rights, helping women from domestic violence and/or crap decisions to become empowered again and working with refugees in Australia and around the world to empower themselves and take back their lives.
It’s still undecided, so I leave it in the hands of the universe.
Now the fun stuff! I get to nominate some beautiful bloggers that I love to answer my questions…
LandKind – Abbagail
Inner Hue – Lauren
Ros Scott Mackenzie – Ros
Zion Health and Wellbeing – Amanda
Nourish from the Inside Out – Jane
Falling Feathers Wild & Free – Lyndsey
And the questions I have for these girls are ::
1. What drew you to blogging?
2. What led you to see your truth?
3. What are you working on right now that is inspiring your passion?
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
5. What is your ideal day?
6. What is your favourite movie?
7. What is your favourite quote?
8. Name one thing we can do right now that can begin to heal our world?
9. What does kindness mean to you?
10. How do you live your truth everyday?
Please take the time to jump over to these beautiful girls’ websites. I adore each and every one of them for many different reasons!